Thursday, July 1, 2010

Borron Girl Mischeif and ulterior motives


This summer Shirley, my Mom and I have taken three day trips to various places within a two hour drive from the farm in Neckellton, Bloomington and Centerville, Iowa, Monroe City and Perry, Missouri, and Rocheport, Missouri. I am always the coordinator and driver of the trip, hard to believe isn't it. So on Monday I wanted to take Mom and Aunt Shirley to Perry, Missouri to shop the antique stores and eat at the Hootenanny Cafe. Well about the time we got 10 minutes away from Monroe City Mom said she was getting hungry and suggested we should eat in Monroe City. Aunt Shirley chimed in saying she was getting hungry too and she thought it would be a good idea to eat in Monroe City also. They even began to get me to think my sugar levels were getting low and so I agreed we would eat in Monroe City.

I have to back-up a little here. Just before Memorial Day President Obama paid a visit to several places along Hwy 36. Mom and Aunt Shirley just happened to take a drive on the very day he was visiting. The two ended up on Hwy 36 just about the time he was driving by. These two had snickered the secret service and somehow eluded all the barriers and parked on the side of the road waiting for him to drive by. You can read this entire story on my cousin's blog http://www.sawdustandcowpies.blogspot.com/. One of President Obama's stops was a little diner in Monroe City, Peggy Sue's Diner.

Ok, back to Monday. We drove over to pick-up my Aunt Shirley. She was dressed in a patriotic red shirt with USA in big lettering across the front. Next Aunt Shirley came from her room bringing a JCPenny bag and handed it to Mom. What do ya know, it too was a red shirt, the same as Aunt Shirley's. Aunt Shirely tells Mom to put it on and Mom obliged. So we left for Perry, Missouri with Mom and Aunt Shirley dressed in patriotic red.

We get to Monroe City all having decided we would eat somewhere in the town. Mom knows I don't like pizza or fast food, so she suggests we drive through downtown to see if there might be a diner. We get downtown and Mom says, "Why look Shirley, there is a diner, Peggy Sues." Aunt Shirley says, "Well ya suppose that's the diner where President Obama ate." "Could be," Mom said.Well guess where we ate. I did take a picture of them on my phone camera, but can't get it downloaded. So I do have proof the that  two Borron girls really did eat at Peggy Sues and sat where President Obama sat.

The mischief of the two Borron girls hasn't changed much since they were little. Tune in tomorrow for stories about Nickellton School.

The first picture is of Shirley about four years old, the second is Mom in the 4th grade. Don't they look like little shysters? Hmm.. I kinda resemble them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We want to enjoy reading your comments and we have the right not to post the comment if we think it is not appropriate for our readers.